This was my first week of real teaching at Booker T Washington high school (home of the tornados)! A lot has happened in the last 10 days! after my boyfriend left miami, i went straight into teacher mode. I went to walmart and bought orange and black spray paint for my bookshelves (BTW's school colors), a rug for my reading nook, and two bean bag chairs that will be used by my students of the week! i went into the book room at my school and stole...erm..borrowed as many books as i could for my pathetic little library. i can't wait until i become a veteran teacher with my own collection of books. i wish i could have brought some more books from home but my little toyota corolla wouldn't fit anything else on my trip down here :[ I have already spent nearly 300 dollars on my classroom, but i think it is worth it. but thank you sweet jesus that i think i've bought everything i need for my classroom for at least another month!
oh, and if any of you ever plan on spray painting a whole bookshelf..just don't. painting would be easier.
The students came in on monday and i tried to be authentically myself as possible. And now i have the reputation of being the "hot" and "sweet" teacher. also, the students refer to me as hocus pocus in the hallways...but i don't really care as long as they call me Ms. A in class haha. This week i have realized that i need to be better at giving out punishments, but i am able to connect to the students really well..probably because i'm only 2-3 years older than the majority of them.
At the end of this week my feelings toward teaching are: I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT. i have so much left to learn and i'm so excited to start!
on saturday i got to go to my students' first football game of the season. Booker T Washington is apparently top 10 in the nation in football..and we were going against Northwestern which is also top 10..except they are higher ranked than us. BUTTTTT we whooped their butts 32-6! and what makes it even better is that my principle and northwestern's principle are brothers! i can't wait to see where my football team goes this year!
here are some pictures!!!
![]() |
| setting up the classroom, and putting pictures on my desk! |
| first day of class! |
![]() |
| my word wall! (pinterest inspired!) |
![]() |
| the front of my classroom! print rich ;) |
![]() |
| my common board! |
| first football game! which we dominated northwestern in :] |




No comments:
Post a Comment